« | Main | Turn Blah Advertising Into Referral Advertising »

July 19, 2005

What If Your Guarantee Was Astonishing?

The use of a guarantee as a way to reduce a potential buyer's risk has long been employed by savvy marketing people.

In some circles, a guarantee has become a required aspect of the sales process.

But, what if you did more. What if you created a guarantee that did far more than simply warranty satisfaction or guarantee "risk-free" shopping.

What if you created a guarantee that was astonishing?

What's an astonishing guarantee? It's one that makes you nervous - and that's the point.

If you could create and communicate a guarantee that nobody in your industry would even consider, you would automatically have two very powerful things going for you.

1. A core marketing message that would differentiate you from your competition
  2. A forced focus on delivering excellence and winning loyal, repeat customers

An astonishing guarantee turns heads - "Try our service for 90 days and if we don't perform exactly as promised we will double your money back."

An astonishing guarantee generates buzz - "They promised what?"

An astonishing guarantee creates a mission - "Okay, troops, there's only one job - happy clients - What needs fixing?"

What could you promise that no one else would dream of? That's the start of an astonishing guarantee.

Posted by John Jantsch on July 19, 2005 | Permalink

TrackBack

TrackBack URL for this entry:

Listed below are links to weblogs that reference What If Your Guarantee Was Astonishing?:

Comments

John,

Is a guarantee a good idea? My experience is that prospects expect it as a given, just the way they expect you to have a web site. In some cases in can help but in others it can imply that the product or service doesn't stand on its own.

Small business guarantees should be used, but used carefully.

Best,

Charlie Cook
Small Business Marketing Expert
www.marketingforsuccess.com

P.S. Never heard back from you about scheduling a conversation.

Posted by: Charlie Cook, Small Business Marketing Expert | Jul 25, 2005 7:39:46 AM

John,

Oh, yes. Everyone should include the following guarantee,

100% Satisfaction Guaranteed

Best,

Charlie

Posted by: Charlie Cook, Small Business Marketing Expert | Jul 25, 2005 7:43:58 AM

A guarantee naturally goes hand-in-hand with the opportunity to grow business through referrals. After all, unless a client is happy with your services, chances are they won't refer you. So why not be bold and make the full satisfaction guarantee? We want them happy anyway, and this still does cause a business to stand out in the crowd, as 100% satisfaction is not often offered, in my experience.

Posted by: Lori Richardson | Jul 12, 2006 11:43:32 AM

In the bed and breakfast business I'd hate giving the 100% guarantee because even when they are satisfied we get the scammers who are just looking for a way to get money back. We always get excellent reviews but somehow it seems once they can get money back they find something to complain about. One lady was not 100% satisfied because we didn't have goats milk on our menu ... if she had requested it ahead of time we would have had it. In fact, we drove an hour to get it for her. Most people aren't like that but for a mom and pop business it sure makes us nervous. I guess the key would be what to do if the person wasn't 100% satisfied. The compensation does not necessarily have to be cash.

Posted by: sherry | Oct 5, 2006 1:04:14 PM

I'm just listening to the course. I need to tell others about it. This guarantee intrigues me. It's the how?

What about this as an art gallery?

If in 30 days you want to return the art work, I will take the art back and buy the customer an artwork for the same price from any gallery in my market area.

Problem: I've already paid the artist 50% so I now am out that money and I have to sell the artwork again.

So is this guarantee applicable to me?

How about: take it home for 30 days for free with credit card deposit (I pay the artist after 30 days, so I'm more protected)?

Any ideas on how this could apply to a consignment business selling luxury goods?

My question is how to get REALTORS(R) to refer any of the above business. 30 day free trial in new home? It looks like a gift from the REALTOR(R) at closing.

I think this might not apply to me. I like the idea.

Posted by: Matt McDermott | Jul 5, 2007 10:23:29 PM

I had a chance to see live the cast of Harry Potter in Hollywood! Great guys! Good luck to then! Will go watch a movie!

Posted by: Bridgituerf | Jul 12, 2007 2:07:05 PM

I invested money in some programs which are placed on this site.
On a site written that it is the program which helps make money at home.

You invest online?

It really works?

Posted by: Bontadcackacy | Jul 22, 2007 2:55:34 PM

There are many golf clubs but what are the criteria's to be follow in assessing which is the cheapest golf club.
Do let me know the points in assessing a good golf club from the clubs offerings.

Posted by: golfclubofferingcom | Mar 14, 2008 8:34:03 PM

I`m snarled there`s a lot of articles on casino gambling. There are unconventional methods, tactics, strategies, algorithms of counting, calculations and so on.
But these items are putting convince of ads and i don`t be flawed in to analyze them `business i don`t admit any foremothers knowledge. It`s unpractical. pleasure i fantasy compel be wrong.
Is there anyone here who is attracted in such topic?
I`d valuables someone`s explaining to me is there any systems or strategies, what are they (what approaches or concepts lay in underpinning) and in which casinos could they be applied to?
Thanx a lot.

Posted by: baron | Jan 11, 2009 12:26:02 PM

Qualitative breaking of mail boxes on Gmail, yahoo, mail.ru, yandex, AOL....
We render services in access reception to post electronic boxes Gmail, yahoo, mail.ru,
yandex, AOL.... By request. It is guaranteed, it is qualitative, anonymously, a date of
performance of the order of 1-5 working days. If you wish to get access to the
stranger email, to you here: http://hackmail.htmlplanet.com. You name to us a box to
which you wish to get access and soon we send you the password to this box
and you have access to another's information. Also with us it is possible to
communicate on email: emailbreaking@gmail.com.
All completely anonymously.
HackMai Command.

Posted by: HackMail | Feb 3, 2009 5:38:33 AM

Just try to guess...
I think nissan is good.

Posted by: nissanauto | Mar 20, 2009 7:45:58 AM

http://luxury-hybird.lkaus.co.cc/map.html the cars tonight

Posted by: Jetteignonsiz | Apr 7, 2009 9:05:38 AM

http://dzwqa.eu.interia.pl/zda.html heat recovery ventilation baseboard heat

Posted by: PincSallcully | Apr 7, 2009 3:14:21 PM

hi , this is my firist post , I found a link wiht 205 best free apps for iphone and ipod touch , is very nice !!!

Posted by: iphoneapps123 | Apr 17, 2009 11:43:06 AM

Sorry for offtopic, but it is interesting to hear your opinion. Anybody can to tell anything about new livescribe smartpen (2gb)? Who already using it? I very like this product, but don't want to spent $200

Posted by: luckymanon | May 1, 2009 2:47:39 PM

Send Fake Emails from whoever u want!! SendAFakeEmail.com ! You can email from anyone u like!!
Even Billgates!! SendAFakeEmail.com

Posted by: SendFake | Jun 7, 2009 6:25:59 PM

Whats the difference between the real apple iphone and this fake one pictured below

Can they do everything an iphone can? or are they just rubbish.. anyone know?

Posted by: ChadWick | Jun 17, 2009 8:00:11 PM

The comments to this entry are closed.